The Southbury Child

The Southbury Child
1 July to 27 August 2022 at the Bridge Theatre

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

More From Toby Spence

Toby Spence has more to say about Alex in a preview in the Independent:

"In this production the actor Alex Jennings will play Pangloss. Can he sing? "Yes – he did My Fair Lady – but when you ask me a question like that, I have to ask you, what is singing?" OK, what is singing? "It's projecting words through music. Which is why actors often make fantastic singers." But has he a voice? "It's quite annoying – he can't read music, but he sings on pitch, and he's got a good ear. He's a really good Pangloss.""

The Independent

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jolande,

Thank you -- these are great tidbits!

My friend is going to see the show this weekend; I've reminded her about programmes for us, too. ;-)

Take care,
Lori